To download a copy of our flyer, CLICK HERE.
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO REGISTER ONLINE, CLICK HERE.
- 2015 Clinical Trials for individuals with Down Syndrome. Download Flyer Here.
- Learning, Memory and Language (ages 12-30)
- Sleep Apnea in Adults (ages 30-60) Download Flyer Here
- Brain Imaging and Behavioral Testing (ages 21-75) Download Flyer Here
- Research study currently seeking online participants who are related to someone with Down syndrome. Topic is Analyzing Reasons for Inclusion of Children with Down Syndrome in Chromosomal Therapy Studies. Link is Here.
- Eli’s Heart, non-profit organization. Founded by parents of a child with Down syndrome and helps families with travel expenses associated with medical procedures. For families that need to travel for surgeries they provide plane tickets, hotel rooms, gas cards, meal cards, etc. www.elisheart.org
- Revised edition available of the housing resource guide. Published by the Westchester Institute for Human Development and details the various resources available. Link Here.
- Student Draft IEP Interactive Tool courtesy of the Hudson Valley Special Education Parent Center, Westchester Institute for Human Development Research indicates that students who are involved in their special education program planning are more successful in school. However, many students do not even attend their IEP meetings, and of those who do, few participate in a meaningful way. Most report boredom and feeling uncomfortable - even wishing they were back in class!! The IEP meeting is soley devoted to the individual student and it is critical that their voice be heard and impact the decisions made. Like the other members of the IEP team, student participation will only be meaningful if they understand the purpose and what is going on. Preparation is important. The more knowledge students have of the process, the more engaged they will be.
This interactive tool helps students prepare information that is relevant to IEP development. It will assist them to develop their own "draft IEP" to be shared with the rest of the IEP team and serve as a helpful resource to facilitate their participation in the discussion. Website --> http://www.hvsepc.org/iep-tool.html
- Online Support Group for families of individuals with developmental disabilities in Orange County. Hosted by the Mental Health Association. Private forum where you can share your thoughts and gain constructive feedback. Download flyer here.
- NIH launches first national Down syndrome registry. The National Institutes of Health has launched DS-Connect, a Web-based health registry that will serve as a national health resource for people with Down syndrome and their families, researchers, and health care providers. Website Here --> https://dsconnect.nih.gov/
Find us on Facebook "Down Syndrome Association Hudson Valley"