How did you find out your little one had DS?

Home Forums New & Expecting Parents How did you find out your little one had DS?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

robbiesmom
    Participant

Being new to this forum thing- This is how I am going to test out the waters…. So lets see if it works!
    We opted out of all prenatal testing when I was pregnant. I have a photo album full of all our ultrasound pictures, all that showed NO DS markers. So with us, we found out Robbie has DS at birth. It was quite the shock…. So how about you guys? How did you find out?

• This topic was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by  robbiesmom.

Anonymous

During the ultrasounds, Baby A, (we now call Lily) was showing markers for Ds. Her limbs were shorter than her sister, there was a white spot near her heart and at 20 weeks they saw a “double bubble” which was signs of Duodenal atresia, a blockage of the intestine. We did deny the Amniocentesis because it did not matter one way or the other and it could harm one or both babies. The diagnosis was confirmed through blood tests after she was born.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest